1. How many Continuing Professional Education (CPEs) credits can I obtain by attending the National Capital Region (NCR) Professional Development Institute (PDI)? Will it count towards the initial FM Certification course – Lead People requirement?
You can earn 7 CPEs by attending the full conference. In addition, Government employees can earn an additional (1) CPE credit by attending the Speed Mentoring session immediately following the closing ceremony.
This conference and speed mentoring session also count towards DoD FM Certification Program Continuing Education and Training (CET) requirements. However, it does not qualify for initial FM Certification requirements for FM or leadership competency credit.
For more information, please refer to OSD policy guidance at https://fmonline.ousdc.osd.mil/CET/cet.aspx.
2. What are the D0D Conference
Policies and Controls for this event?
DoD Guidelines Pertaining to Conference Approval - our event is compliant with all published DoD Conference Directives/Instructions [formal documents from the DSD and DCMO are available at http://washington-asmcnationalcapitalregionpdi.org], and not at risk for disapproval or cancellation.
1. ASMC National Capital Region (NCR) Professional Development Institute (PDI) is not a DoD-hosted event, but hosted by the ASMC Washington Chapter
2. NCR PDI meets the definition of a training event - we do not partner with any entity of the DoD to monetarily sponsor this event.
3. NCR PDI fulfills continuing professional education (CPE/CET) requirements for DoD financial management (FM) professionals - very economical $32 per CPE/CET credit
4. No travel/TDY is required for those individuals located within the NCR
5. No paid nor motivational speakers are used in the program.
6. No media/press is invited nor allowed to cover our event; video-taping is only conducted for our general sessions, as it is cost prohibitive, and provided for CPE credits post event.
7. Collectively, no service (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guards) exceeds the $20K cost threshold for attendees. In fact, active ASMC government members attend at no cost.
8. The overwhelming benefits of this annual professional development, training, and networking event has set a precedent over the last decade
9. This training is held in a government building (Ronald Reagan Center, Washington DC) to maximize benefits and minimize costs to our speakers, registrants, and corporate sponsors
10. Our venue layout limits attendees beyond 1500 (under 200 per service)
Conferences between $100,000 and $500,000. For conferences that the Department hosts with a total cost between $100,000 and $500,000, the officials indicated in section 2(f) of the DSD and DCMO documents may delegate approval authority to selected officials. Delegation must be granted in writing. No further delegation is permitted. Again, the Department does not host this training event and over 50% of the revenue from this event comes from commercial members and corporate sponsorships.
3. What is
the conference fee for this event?
There are two registration categories for the upcoming ASMC NCR PDI:
1a. Government Rate for ASMC members who are current active duty military and government civilian employees only [government civilian badges or active military ID cards] - no cost [vice free]
1b. Government Rate for non-ASMC members - $40
2a. Corporate/Non-Government Rate [that includes retired government] for ASMC members - $229
2b. Corporate/Non-Government Rate for non ASMC members - $279
ASMC Member (Member Number Required) $0.00
ASMC Non-Member * $40.00
ASMC Member $229.00
ASMC Non-member* $279.
*Non-members are encouraged to join ($26) online at
**Amount changes to $40 effective January 1, 2017
4. What is the Uniform
Resource Locator (URL) for information reference Registration and Program Schedule?
Registration Link –https://secure3.rhq.com/ireg/public/index.cgi?evid=R17-03-09-2017
Program Link – http://washington-asmcnationalcapitalregionpdi.org/
5. How can I become a Sponsor or Exhibitor?
For Sponsorship Information please see http://washington-asmcnationalcapitalregionpdi.org/2017-sponsors/2017-sponsorship-opportunities/
Rita Finney - 301-938-8198 for Conference Sponsorship Opportunities
Ginger Bonin - 703-286-8247 for Conference Exhibit Tables
6. What is Speed
Pre-registered Government Attendees Only: Sign up to participate in the Speed Mentoring Event. Speed Mentoring is a unique opportunity for Government attendees to meet with senior Government officials ("mentors") to get individual advice and ask specific questions regarding career strategy, balancing work and family, training and education, and other topics. “Speed Mentors" will host a small-group discussion of up to six participants for 15 minutes per round on a round-robin basis. Government attendees must select this session during the ASMC Regional PDI Registration Process. One (1) CPE will be awarded for attending Speed Mentoring.
7. What is the refund and substitution/transfer policy? - There will be no refunds or cancellations after February 23, 2017. In addition, there will be no replacement of personnel (substitutions) for free registrants.
8. Can I use
an approved Standard Form 1556 or 182 to register?
The SF 1556 or SF 182 is not a valid payment method. However, we understand that the ASMC Washington Chapter address and vendor information is a requirement on these forms. Please use the below address and POC for this requirement:
Wayne Whiten, MAOM, CFE,
6354 Walker Lane, Suite 300
ATTN: 2017 ASMC National Capital Region PDI
Alexandria, Virginia 22310-3252
(703) 797-8831 phone
(703) 509-1544 Cell
(703) 600-3831 fax
9. Can I use
the Government Purchase Card (IMPAC) to pay for this event?
Yes, payments using the Government purchase card (IMPAC) will be accepted.
10. Can I use my Government Travel Card to pay for this event?
No, payments using the Government Travel card are not authorized or accepted.
11. How can I become an ASMC member?
Non-members are encouraged to join ($40) online at https://imis.asmconline.org/net/enroll.aspx?jointype=m
12. How do I know what workshop to attend?
There will be a variety of workshops to choose from during both afternoon sessions. Seating will be first come first served. To meet safety requirements workshops will not exceed their capacities. If a workshop is full you will be directed to the next available workshop. Please see the agenda page on the ASMC Washington Chapter website http://www.washington-asmc.org for workshop topics and presenters.
13. How do I
sign up to be an On-site Conference Volunteer?
Please email Volunteer Coordinator Vonetta Kelly - VVaughan@savantage.net with the following information:
-ASMC Chapter Name
-Volunteer Time Preference: AM (6:00 AM-12 PM), PM (12 PM-5 PM), No Preference
14. How many
On-site Conference Volunteers are needed?
For the ASMC 2016 National Capital Regional PDI, we will need at least 40 volunteers. Slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If the available volunteer opportunities have been filled, your name will be placed on the wait-list.
15. Will the
conference registration fee be waived for volunteers?
Unfortunately, ASMC cannot waive the registration fee for conference volunteers. All volunteers must be registered for the conference.
16 How will I
know what my volunteer assignment is?
All volunteers will receive a confirmation email along with additional detailed information about their assignment's) prior to the conference. Please check in at the volunteer booth in the registration area upon arrival.
17. How long is
a volunteer shift?
Most volunteer shifts are approximately two consecutive hours. All volunteers will have ample opportunity to participate in and enjoy the conference.
18. What if I
have other questions about volunteering?
Contact Volunteer Coordinator Vonetta Kelly - VVaughan@savantage.net
19. Do you have a survey where I can comment on the event?
Yes, you can find our 2017 NCR PDI online survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NSND7VY
20. What time should I check-in for onsite registration?
Upon arrival, please report to the check-in area located at Atrium Ballroom to pick-up your name badge and conference bag. Volunteers will direct you to the check-in area where tables will be alphabetically arranged. Please look for the first letter of your last name and report to that table. Speakers, VIPs, and distinguished guests will receive a separate email with their instructions.
21. Can I get a conference/training attendee roster? Suppose I don’t want my bag. Can I recycle it?
In line with our ASMC “Green” priority, we are distributing our Final Roster of attendees via email – there will be no hard-copy rosters provided on site in your check-in packets. Also, there will be an opportunity to recycle your programs, bags, and conference materials as you desire.
22. What is the Dress for the day?
Business attire for commercial and civilians; duty attire for military
23. What time does registration open?
24. Once I arrive at the Ronald Reagan Center where do I go?
By foot, enter at 13th and Pennsylvania entrance, then take the elevator to the concourse level and follow the signs. By car, go north up 14th Street from Constitution Avenue and turn right into the 2nd, not the 1st Blue Public Parking Entrance sign, follow the signs to parking near the Penn Ave elevators, we are on the concourse level, follow the signs to our location at and around the Atrium.
25. Clarification Regarding FM Certification Offerings at 2017 ASMC NCR PDI
To enhance professional development to our membership, the ASMC Washington Chapter has incorporated required DoD FM Certification Courses into our ongoing year-round training offerings. Much of this training is offered free or a minimum cost to benefit our members. In light of this, our ASMC NCR PDI will not offer FM Certification courses at our one-day event. Full attendance at our NCR PDI will provide up to 7 CPE credits.
Please visit the ASMC Washington Chapter website to view “Free” FM training courses at http://www.washington-asmc.org/Home.html. In addition, please feel free to contact Ms. Terry Placek, ASMC Washington Chapter Training & Education Chair at email@example.com if you have any questions.
26. Information on the new Thought Leadership Burst sessions
On behalf of ASMC’s Washington Chapter, thank you for your continued support of our 2017 ASMC NCR PDI. We are thrilled to announce this year a new offering Corporate “Thought Leadership Innovation Bursts” for our Platinum and Diamond level sponsors. These “bursts” provide an intimate, high-impact venue for our industry partners to share insights on proven approaches/solutions for current and future DoD Financial Management challenges.
Platinum and Diamond level sponsors will have the opportunity to engage up to 10 attendees in thought leadership discussions as a part of our late morning and early afternoon breakouts - rotating over an elapsed 75-minute period. In other words, attendees can select to participate in two roundtable topics of their choice every 30 minutes during the 75-minute session. Once a sponsor area has reached capacity, interested attendees will be assisted by our room monitors to another topic area with capacity.