DoD Guidelines Pertaining to Conference
Our event is compliant with all published DoD Conference Directives/Instructions [formal documents from the DSD and DCMO are available at http://washington-asmcnationalcapitalregionpdi.org], and not at risk for disapproval or cancellation.
1. ASMC National Capital Region (NCR) Professional Development Institute (PDI) is not a DoD-hosted event, but hosted by the ASMC Washington Chapter
2. NCR PDI meets the definition of a training event - we do not partner with any entity of the DoD to monetarily sponsor this event.
3. NCR PDI fulfills continuing professional education (CPE/CET) requirements for DoD financial management (FM) professionals - very economical $32 per CPE/CET credit
4. No travel/TDY is required for those individuals located within the NCR
5. No paid nor motivational speakers are used in the program.
6. No media/press is invited nor allowed to cover our event; video-taping is only conducted for our general sessions, as it is cost prohibitive, and provided for CPE credits post event.
7. Collectively, no service (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guards) exceeds the $20K cost threshold for attendees. In fact, active ASMC government members attend at no cost.
8. The overwhelming benefits of this annual professional development, training, and networking event has set a precedent over the last decade
9. This training is held in a government building (Ronald Reagan Center, Washington DC) to maximize benefits and minimize costs to our speakers, registrants, and corporate sponsors
10. Our venue layout limits attendees beyond 1500 (under 200 per service)
Conferences between $100,000 and $500,000. For conferences that the Department hosts with a total cost between $100,000 and $500,000, the officials indicated in section 2(f) of the DSD and DCMO documents may delegate approval authority to selected officials. Delegation must be granted in writing. No further delegation is permitted. Again, the Department does not host this training event and over 50% of the revenue from this event comes from commercial members and corporate sponsorships.
Initial registrants will be seated in our primary setting, with live events and agenda to include the luncheon keynote speaker. Our secondary venue located in close proximity will host additional registrants. These attendees will enjoy the same plated lunch and will be able to view (via live high definition video-stream) the plenary sessions and participate in Q&A/polling via smartphone app. Individual name badges will designate appropriate room for easy recognition.