|Important Message: The 2020 NCR PDI is now rescheduled for August 20, 2020.|
2020 Washington-ASMC National Capital Region PDI
Thursday, March 12, 2020
Opening ceremony starts promptly at 0800!
Please note that check-in occurs in the Atrium Ballroom and begins promptly at 0630. Come early for coffee/light breakfast to avoid the rush and expedite check-in. We are confident you will find our event a superb day of professional development, networking, and discourse with this year’s theme: CREATE SUCCESS – IT’S GALVANIZING!
Location: Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue
NW, Washington, DC 20004
Our 2020 ASMC National Capital Region PDI is a vibrant gathering from across the Washington metropolitan area to optimize our DoD enterprise education and training, dialogue, networking, as well as enhance our fund-raising for charities and scholarships. The last four years our event has sold out, with over 1,600 government and industry professionals.
Please join us on Thursday 12 March 2020 at the Ronald Reagan Center in Washington D.C. for a terrific day of learning, discourse, and certification [7 CPE/CETs]. There is no cost for our active military/government ASMC members. Confirmed distinguished speakers this year include Opening Keynote Honorable Alan Shaffer, Deputy under Secretary of Acquisition & Sustainment; Morning Keynote Panelists Honorable Thomas Harker, ASN-FM&C, Honorable John Roth, ASAF-FM&C, Mr Jonathan Moak, Senior Official Performing the Duties of ASA-FM&C, and Mr Mark Easton, DOD DCFO; and Luncheon Keynote LtGen Lori Reynolds, Deputy Commandant for Information, headquarters Marine Corps.
Defense Financial Management military, civilian, and contractor professionals have been challenged and amply resourced for nearly two decades to effectively transform legacy operations, achieve audit, and enhance professional advancement. We have analyzed, prepared and reformed. 2020 is our time to move out = achieve mission outcomes and create success!
2020 Registration Fees
$0 ASMC members who are current active duty military and government civilian employees only [government civilian badges or active military ID cards]
$40 - Non-ASMC members who are current Government employees
$229 - Corporate/Non-Government Rate* [that includes retired government and contractors working onsite at government locations] for ASMC members
$279 - Corporate/Non-Government Rate* for non-ASMC members
Both retired military/government personnel must pay the non-government registration fee to attend – depending on if they are current ASMC members or non-members.
*All contractor employees [employed by commercial firms] – regardless of whether they are in the reserves or not [unless status is full-time duty as a reservist] – pay our contractor registration fee as ASMC member or non-member.
DoD Guidelines Pertaining to Conference
Our event is compliant with all published DoD Conference Directives/Instructions [formal documents from the DSD and DCMO are available at https://www.washington-asmcnationalcapitalregionpdi.org], and not at risk for disapproval or cancellation.
1. ASMC National Capital Region (NCR) Professional Development Institute (PDI) is not a DoD-hosted event, but hosted by the ASMC Washington Chapter
2. NCR PDI meets the definition of a training event - we do not partner with any entity of the DoD to monetarily sponsor this event.
3. NCR PDI fulfills continuing professional education (CPE/CET) requirements for DoD financial management (FM) professionals - very economical $32 per CPE/CET credit
4. No travel/TDY is required for those individuals located within the NCR
5. No paid nor motivational speakers are used in the program.
6. No media/press is invited nor allowed to cover our event; video-taping is only conducted for our general sessions, as it is cost prohibitive, and provided for CPE credits post event.
7. Collectively, no service (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guards) exceeds the $20K cost threshold for attendees. In fact, active ASMC government members attend at no cost.
8. The overwhelming benefits of this annual professional development, training, and networking event has set a precedent over the last decade
9. This training is held in a government building (Ronald Reagan Center, Washington DC) to maximize benefits and minimize costs to our speakers, registrants, and corporate sponsors
10. Our venue layout limits attendees beyond 1500 (under 200 per service)
Conferences between $100,000 and $500,000. For conferences that the Department hosts with a total cost between $100,000 and $500,000, the officials indicated in section 2(f) of the DSD and DCMO documents may delegate approval authority to selected officials. Delegation must be granted in writing. No further delegation is permitted. Again, the Department does not host this training event and over 50% of the revenue from this event comes from commercial members and corporate sponsorships.
Initial registrants will be seated in our primary setting, with live events and agenda to include the luncheon keynote speaker. Our secondary venue located in close proximity will host additional registrants. These attendees will enjoy the same plated lunch and will be able to view (via live high definition video-stream) the plenary sessions and participate in Q&A/polling via smartphone app. Individual name badges will designate appropriate room for easy recognition.